Re: Value of backup MX

--On Tuesday, November 09, 2004 17:04 +0100 martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:

also sprach Dale E. Martin <dale@the-martins.org> [2004.11.09.1652 +0100]:
With this approach you can't bounce RBLed messages at SMTP connect
time though, right?  (I realize that RBLs are semi-controversial,
especially at the ISP level.)

right. i use spamassassin for RBLs

I use SA for most, but a few I run right up front at the postfix level, bl.spamcop.net being the first and most effective of these. Little to no complaints BTW, with atleast half a million envelopes a day. We also have a 50% reject rate, so we've cut our mail volume in half.

We'd have to have quite a bit more mail server horsepower already if it weren't for rejecting up front like that. SA is great, but why let known spamming hosts in at all?