Re: Advice for an IP accounting program

"Francesco P. Lovergine" <frankie@debian.org> writes:

> The main purpose is identify periodically boxes on an internal
> private network which cause very high traffic, due to worms, virus
> and so. A per-IP simple report a la mrtg could be nice.

<plug mode="shameless"> My ulog-acctd, installed on the border router
using Netfilter, has put much less load on the routers as compared to
net-acct and any libpcap-based tool in tests at the ISP for which I
wrote it.</plug>

With a little know-how in shell-scripting, it should be trivial to
generate statistics and graphs from its output.

Cheers,
-Hilko