Re: IP accounting software

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:53:11 +0545 (NPT), Ritesh wrote in message
<[🔎] Pine.LNX.4.58.0408241151210.11777@cyberspace.atcnet.com.np>:

> It just seems to be a reporting tool.
> What I was wanting was to control connectivity to a user on the basis
> of bandwidth. I am wanting to sell services to my customer in terms of
> bandwidth, say 500mb/month.
> Is there a utility available or do I need to do some scripting ?

..you _could_ start off http://fmb.no/ipcop/setup-cbq-0.0.5.tar.bz2
which I use to set up cbq to control bandwith for my isp client.

..combining your idea with my tarball can have us all offer "ok" and
"exceeded-quota-so-trottled-down" bandwith, however this concept
is not too popular with isp service customers as you stomp on the
brakes.  ;-)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: