Re: ssh and root logins

Hey Mark!

Are you looking for

PermitRootLogin without-password
instead of
PermitRootLogin yes

in /etc/ssh/sshd_config ?

Mark Bucciarelli wrote:
On Tuesday 10 August 2004 10:52, Dale E Martin wrote:

Anyways, I would like to disable password logins for root on several of
my boxes but allow root to come in from known IPs and with known ssh
keys.  Is there a way to disable password logins for root in sshd_config
or root/.ssh/config, while leaving password logins intact for regular
users?

Would it work to disable all ssh password logins and only allow logins with the proper private key? I find this most secure--no more worries about password cracks (I just have to worry about the physical security of the USB key on my keychain).

Regards,

Mark

--
Andreas John