Re: Cloning disks with dd and netcat

Hi all,

I tried the dd route to do exactly the same thing. I wanted to recreate
a server or a variation of it quickly and easily. Eventually I gave up
and used systemimager instead. It is quick and simple. It is based on
rsync and it is in woody. I have it working using network boot and it
takes ~3 minutes to boot, partition and install a complete base server -
fully automatically. I am still playing with it as I want to script the
autoconfig of multiple copies of a base server, but it works brilliantly
for a simple clone as it is.

HTH

Giles

--