Re: max requests a celeron web server can handle

Greetings!

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 08:24:12 +0200 Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder
<avbidder@fortytwo.ch> wrote:

> On Monday 19 July 2004 19.22, Shannon R. wrote:
> > I've been googling around for recorded info on how many static files
> > per second a [...] Apache web server can serve before it starts
> > getting slow.
>
> (And if it's really just static files, perhaps you may want to change
> to one of the simpler, faster web servers if you're really worried
> about performance.)

If you're looking for a high-performance webserver mainly for static
files, others than apache could be quite interesting for you,
especially thttpd, mathopd and Zeus - see

	http://www.acme.com/software/thttpd/benchmarks.html

Smaller size and select method instead of (pre)forking spells more free
RAM which can then be used for buffering/cacheing, adding to speed
(again).

Bye

Volker Tanger
ITK Security