Re: help on masquerading

I think I've got a little confused. For example I hit the following:

iptables -P FORWARD DROP
iptables -A FORWARD -s xx:xx:xx:xx -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE
xx would be the hardware address.
Now wouldn't he be able to change the ip and still be connected because he still has the same hardware mac address and consume more bandwidth. Note: I limit bandwidth on ip basis using rshaper.
If i'm not wrong, the solution I feel is to block bandwidth on MAC address. If later the customer tries changing the ethernet card, my iptable rule won't allow packets to be forwarded. Right ?

I think I'm right now.
Thanks for all helpful suggestions.

Ritesh