RE: restricting sftp/ssh login access

Robert,

There has been extensive discussion on this topic on the ssh mailing lists.
Before going on the list I would highly recommend reading up as this is a
fairly common topic and the developers have basically said they won't
provide this functionality, it is something that belongs in the OS or shell.
If you want it in ssh you can use the third party patch.

I personally like the way the proftpd jails work, but I do agree with the
ssh developers that a chroot is not a real security method, more of a file
system abstraction in my opinion.  My more oblivious users find it
convenient but most of them wouldn't be using sftp anyways.

Cheers,

Ehren Wilson