Re: recommendation for gbit sx card?

Hi!

Good question. I would say: sk98lin-based, so "syskonnect.de" should be a source. We use their sk98lin based "copper" cards a lot (original and OEM like 3c940). We have one or two 1000BaseSX here too.

The chipset is also known as "marvell/yukon".

Reading the OpenBSD man pages it gets clear that alteon based cards should give a better performance, because they have a own cpu on the card.

Just my $.02.

rgds,
Andreas

Franz Georg Köhler wrote:
Hello,

can anyone here recommend a gbit sx network adapter (multimode) which
does work fine under linux?

Is there any chipset with NAPI support in today's kernels?

--
Andreas John
net-lab GmbH

http://www.net-lab.net