Re: SEARCH attack

Hi

I have noticed the same here -- have a look at this

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:RA7huHM9tEoJ:forums.macosxhints.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D22371+%22SEARCH+/%5Cx90%5Cx02&hl=en

I liked the rewrite solution to throw it to ms... ;)

Michael

Robert Cates wrote:

Hi,

I hoping somebody can both fill me in on what this SEARCH is all about, and
what I can/should do to stop it:

Every so often I find a very long request in my Apache access logs that
seems to be an attempted SEARCH ("SEARCH /\x90\x02\xb1\x02\xb1\x02\ ...").

1).  Is this a security problem (on a Linux server)?

2).  If so, how can I stop this?  I tried to stop it using a <Limit SEARCH>,
but a configtest told me that "SEARCH" was an undefined or unknown method.
I placed the <Limit SEARCH> within the <Directory /> container as well as
out on it's own in the config file.

3).  Is this a Windows platform issue?

4).  If so, how can I stop these attempts from filling up my access logs.

All info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Robert

--
Please note that this account is being filtered using anti UCE systems. If you send email to this account make sure that it could not be mistaken as UCE.