Re: Strange Postfix-LDAP-Amavis behaviour

If you are using ldap with postfix, the mapping is not a hash anymore.

It becomes a ldap querry.

You need to create mappings like this.

virtual_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual, ldap:ldapaltmail
#ldap virtual aliases
ldapaltmail_timeout = 10
ldapaltmail_server_host = localhost
ldapaltmail_search_base = ou=People,dc=annapolislinux,dc=org
ldapaltmail_server_port = 389
ldapaltmail_domain = hash:/etc/postfix/searchdomains
ldapaltmail_query_filter = (&(mailAlternateAddress=%s)(accountstatus=active))
#ldapaltmail_query_filter = (&(uid=%u)(accountstatus=active))
ldapaltmail_result_attribute = mail
ldapaltmail_special_result_attribute = uniquemember
ldapaltmail_bind = yes
ldapaltmail_bind_dn = cn=evil_alien_mail_leader,ou=System,dc=annapolislinux,dc=org
ldapaltmail_bind_pw = 123abc

Read the documents called LDAP_README.gz in your /usr/share/doc/postfix directory.

The evil_alien_mail_leader in this example also needs rights to read the mail
info in ldap. The rights are defined in the slapd.conf file.

If it is missing:

apt-get install postfix-docs