Re: LILO + boot raid1 (software)

When switching to root raid1, I also switched to grub. here are my links,
I'm still experimenting...

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Software-RAID-HOWTO.html
The Software-RAID HOWTO
http://myrddin.org/howto/debian-grub.html
Switching from LILO to Grub
http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2003-July/014331.html
http://alioth.debian.org/projects/rootraiddoc/
Documentation is included in mdadm raid tools package, and shows how to
convert system to software raid system using mdadm.
Sofware Raid and Grub HOW-TO
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Boot+Root+Raid+LILO.html
Boot + Root + Raid + Lilo : Software Raid mini-HOWTO

also note you probably want raidtools2 vs the raidtools package.

// George

--
George Georgalis, Architect and administrator, Linux services. IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/  cell:646-331-2027  mailto:george@galis.org