Re: clamd with amavis on Postfix

This one time, at band camp, Theodore Knab said:
> I am using playing with clamd and spamd on a [production] server. ;-)
>
> I really like clamd however it keeps dying.
>
> My clamd.conf looks like this:
> ScanMail

That's probably your problem.  As the debconf note says, the ScanMail
part of the code is not very stable.  If you use amavis to call clamd,
then clamd is never really scanning mboxes - amavis is unpacking the
message and running clamd over the parts.  Try commenting out that
option and restarting clamd - it should last a little longer.

|   ,''`.					     Stephen Gran |
|  : :' :					 sgran@debian.org |
|  `. `'			Debian user, admin, and developer |
|    `-					    http://www.debian.org |