Re: How to set up a Debian mirror..

Am Montag, 29. März 2004 17:38 schrieb Ronny Adsetts:
> Sonny was heard to utter, at roughly 29/03/04 16:27:
> > I was thinking about setting up a mirror of Debian for a local computer
> > group in the area, but a simple wget will result in way too much being
> > pulled down for what they need.
> >
> > Are there any scripts publicly available to just mirror say stable ..
> > testing .. unstable i386 only?
> >
> > OR
> >
> > Are there utilities in Debian that will make it easy to maintain a mirror
> > of i386 Debian ?
>
> $ apt-cache search debian mirror
>
> I use debmirror which seems to do the job.
>
> Ronny

I don't know if there are public debian rsync mirrors out there, but if there
are some, then I would use rsync, because it can handle files that have
changed very efficient. FTP can't handle that, it can only transfer the whole
file again.

Maybe the rsync advantage is not so big for debian mirrors, because normally
there should be only new files and the old data never changes. But rsync is
good for mirroring anyway :)

But there is always more than one solution for a problem :)

--Ralph