Re: hostnamelookup failure ..please

I'd say your routing table is messed up. Does not have a default gateway defined. I don't
remember the exact syntax, but I believe you need to execute something like

route add -net something eth0

If you're running RH, I believe there is s tool that allows you to set this stuff up. Under
Debian, you go to /etc/network and edit the interfaces file to set up your default gateway.
Under SuSE, you edit /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-eth0.

This is all assuming you are running a static ip. If you're running dhcp, it would indicate
your dhcp server and/or client could be misconfigured.

What happened when you ping localhost?

Rod