Re: anyone got a quad/tri port ethernet card for sale?!!

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 02:08:36AM -0000, Chris Evans wrote:

> On 28 Feb 2004 at 19:35, Ardo van Rangelrooij wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> Hi -- huge thanks for this Ardo.
>
> > A quick search on eBay reveals several Matrox NS-QNIC Quad-port 10/100
> > adapters for under $100.  I'm using these at work and at home without
> > any problem whatsoever.  Also several D-Link DFE-570TX are up for
> > sale. There's even a DFE-580TX for 45 pounds.
>
> I'm so wary now that I looked at the ebay offerings and realised that
> I hadn't a clue which would be supported under Debian 3.0r2 (and I'm
> wary of going to testing or compiling a higher kernel as there have
> been a number of kernel upgrades on security fixes recently ...)
>
> Do you know if these (D-link 570 or 580) are supported with the basic
> Debian stable??  If so, I'm off to place bids!

We both uses the 570 and the 580 here with debian stable. Allthough i
had some troubles getting the driver in the stock kernel to work with
580 (i ended up downloading driver source from d-link italia and
compile it against the kernel version i was running). The 570 is rock
stable we are using it in gateways and firwalls all around our company
and i have nothing bad to say about it. It uses the tulip driver in
the kernel.

--
Venlig hilsen/Kind regards
Thomas Kirk

"Kill my boss? Do I dare live out the American dream?" -- Homer
Simpson