Re: anyone got a quad/tri port ethernet card for sale?!!

On Saturday 28 February 2004 21:08, Chris Evans wrote:

> Do you know if these (D-link 570 or 580) are supported with the basic
> Debian stable??  If so, I'm off to place bids!

The 570 is definitely supported in stable.  It uses the tulip module and has
worked for ages, IIRC it also can use the de4x5 module.

AFAIK the 580 needs a fairly new kernel or at least patches.  We only run it
on Redhat boxes right now so perhaps I'm mistaken.  On the redhat boxes we
had to build our own driver sundance-new to get things working.  The regular
sundance modules in the newer kernels (at least from Redhat) see to work fine
with the 580.

We've had both 570s and 580s that turned out to be duds but as long as they
work, they work well.  In your circumstances I'd definitely try and get the
570 (I believe full model number is DFE-570TX).

--
Fraser Campbell <fraser@wehave.net>                 http://www.wehave.net/