Re: install MMagic perl module without using apt-get

Andrew P. Kaplan wrote:
I want to install just the MMagic perl module. I tried using apt-get install
but it wants to install/upgrade 15 packages. I need to install just the
MMagic module.

$ perl -MCPAN -e shell
cpan> install File::MMagic
cpan> exit

If you haven't configured CPAN yet, stick with the defaults the config
script proposes. Then you should do a

cpan> install Bundle::CPAN
cpan> reload cpan

and maybe

cpan> install HTTP::Date

to update these modules to their latest releases. Then continue as shown
above. Apt wanting to install additional packages may be right, though,
because File::MMagic may very well depend on other modules to function.

--
Bye; Kai