Re: /etc/sudoers precedence question

Looks like I forgot to test my answer.  It does not seem that you can use localhost as a hostname in

omacneil localhost=NOPASSWD: /usr/cs/2002/omacneil/sbin/update

Try using ALL and things should work.  I use ALL in my sudo file and have not given it any other thought.  My machines are not NIS or other user/password sharing scheme.  I even tried my hostname in there and it did not work.  I am now interested in finding out what's up here.

Mark

Dan MacNeil wrote:
Are you running the "update" command using the full path?

/usr/cs/2002/omacneil/sbin/update

I am prompted for a password if I say:

sudo /usr/cs/2002/omacneil/sbin/update

	or if I say

sudo update

which update gives me

/usr/cs/2002/omacneil/sbin/update.

I am aware that the current sudo file allows sudo bash. The goal is audit
rather than control.

Thanks for the reply.