Apache: adding massive amount of users for .htaccess from text file
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Apache: adding massive amount of users for .htaccess from text file
- From: Erik Dörnbach <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:05:33 +0100
- Message-id: <883F9500AE0CAC4C9FBB72C9E09D89C52993DF@lgexchange.elge.intern>
just a quickie, I need to add a massive load of users for apache
authentication, I have the usernames and associated passwords in
a plain text file, one line per user like:
Database auth would be an overshot, these users will likely never
Is there an easy way to automate password encryption for use with
apache, thinking about maybe someone has a ready-to-use shell
script or perl snippet.
Thanks a lot.