Re: managing quotas on Ext3 FS

I'mcurrently using quota support with ext3 in full journal mode, on a large webserver and its working quite nicely.
System:
Debian 3.0
kernel:  2.4.24(with quota support of course)
Quota Utilities 3.0.9
apache 2
proftpd-mysql

Robert Cates wrote:

Hi,
I'm hoping to get some insight on how to setup and manage account quotas with Debian 3.0 in an ISP environment. I have a Debian 3.0 server running, with ext3 file systems, and as I understand it the quota (3.04-1) package does not or cannot fully work with ext3 file systems. Is there other software that does the job (better?) that I've never heard of? Or do most ISPs develop their own scripts/methods? As much detail as any of you might have time to put into this question will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!
Robert