Mailman on debian testing

I am having many problems running mailman on debian testing.  Does
anyone have an easier way of getting a package up and running?
I have gone to the source, and sent the bug report below to the mailman
lists, but I can't believe others haven't gone through this before.

Thanks,

--
Marco

In many parts of the web interface I am getting the same mailman bug:

  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/OldStyleMemberships.py", line 312, in
setMemberOption
    self.__mlist.user_options[memberkey] |= flag
  TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for |=: 'list' and 'int'

I fixed this by changing line 312 from above to :

self.__mlist.user_options[memberkey][0] |= flags

Now I can subscribe, but I get the same typeerror bug after logging
into my options page for this new subscription:

  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/OldStyleMemberships.py", line 128, in
getMemberOption
      return not not (option & flag)
  TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for &: 'list' and 'int'

Makes sense, fix it too, but I also get the same Typeerror when logging
into the admin page:

  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Gui/General.py", line 53, in
GetConfigInfo
    optvals = [mlist.new_member_options & bitfields[o] for o in OPTIONS]
  TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for &: 'list' and 'int'

Is something else wrong, or should I go and fix all these.

I am running mailman 2.1.4 on debian testing with python2.3

--
Marco

----- End forwarded message -----