Re: 2.6 kernel network interface assignment order

On Do, Jan 29, 2004 at 03:47:26 -0500, Eric Sproul <esproul@ntelos.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 14:55, Franz Georg Köhler wrote:
>> This occasionally happens with new kernel releases.
>
> I'd like to know why.

I think this is related to the pci-bus initialization-, ACPI-code, etc.
Upgrading to a new major release also means experiencing major changes.

I noticed this when I upgraded from 2.2 to 2.4 .

If you're using a modular kernel you should be able to influence the
device names by loading the modules in a specific order.