Re: Tomcat Hosting

Hi,
I am trying to setup a Debian system to do tomcat4, apache2 hosting.
I'd rather not compile everything myself, so I've found packages for tomcat4, and apache2.
The issue I'm having is trying to find a connector package.
I've googled, and haven't found anything useful.

I found a reference to a package "libapache2-mod-webapp" in the Debian User lists, back in Nov 2002.
I've also found references to a package "libapache2-mod-jk2" But its not in the Debian package list.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated,
r0b friedman

Robert Cates wrote:

Hi,

I have Tomcat 4.1.29 and the SUN 1.4.2_01 J2SDK installed on my Debian Woody

server with kernel 2.4.18-bf2.4.

I also use the Tomcat binaries from their web site.  No problems.  If you're

considering using the new Tomcat 5.0.* (stable), I would highly recommend

using the SUN 1.4.2 SDK due to a JAVAC memory leak when used with versions

prior to 1.4.x (important for JSP) (I would highly recommend using version

1.4.2 in any case).  Have a look at -

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/RELEASE-NOTES.txt .

I am contemplating upgrading to Tomcat 5.0.16 at the moment.

Robert