Mail Queue timeouts

Hi,

what are peoples thoughts on the length of time mail should sit in the mail queue? Due to the rise in the amount of spam and viruses that seems to be going around lately I throttled back the delivery warning back to 30 minutes and the delivery failure back to 12 hours. My logic is that most people these days expect e-mail to be pretty instant so to have mail sitting in a queue for 7 days and not getting a warning for several hours seems a bit old fashioned. So far 12 hours and 30 minutes seems to be working well. What are other people doing?

Cheers,

Lauchlin Wilkinson
Internet Tasmania Pty. Ltd.