Re: DYNDNS server software for local use

On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 17:41, Gideon Oosthuysen (Isogo) wrote:
> Hi All
>

> I am looking for a local DYNDNS solution for my dialup clients. I
> would like to run
>
> My own DYNDNS server that updates the dns records so that the change
> is basically
>
> Instant for me. Does anyone know of any software like this out there?

I'm using ISC DHCPD3/BIND9 here, which supports dynamic DNS updates.
It's a little fiddly to get working the first time round, but it seems
to be working ok now.

Check http://www.jellybob.co.uk/Computers/Linux (I think, could just be
somewhere in the computers section), where I dumped a link to the howto
I used to get things working.

--
Jon    ^^^
      (0 0) jellybob.co.uk