Re: Best way to update perl on Woody Stable ?

Is there a way to tell apt (dselect) you have certain packages installed? If so, it would make
sense to just trash the Debian perl install and install it all from source. I agree with your
Perl guru -- roll your own is the best way to go. I just don't have the time. I still install
some packages (webmin, usermin, squirrelmail) myself, because other packages are not dependant
on them. But I have no idea how to tell apt that, yes, I already have Perl installed so you
don't have to mess with it.

>From the log you sent, looks like the cwd disappeared out from under you, so of course it
could not get the parents or anything. What dir were you in when you executed it? Did the
directory /root/.cpan exist? I had problems, but those were not the ones I had.

Rod