Taxes

I'm able to configure taxes based on what state or country the customer lives in.  From some mild research I've done, I've come to the conclusion that internet access is not a taxable service?  Does anyone have references to U.S.C. or other material that spells this out?  I'd like to get some background on it, so that I may be better prepared to address this issue, or to take matters to a professional and not be a blundering idiot.  (Considering they would be the professional, I'll sit back and do my job ;)  )

Thank you,

Scott.