Re: Hot-backup a complete Debian install

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 10:05:50 +0200, you wrote:

>we're using a similar setup for some hosts and I have the best results
>so far with dump/restore on ext2/ext3 partitions.

 Also using snapshots with dump/restore? Do you have any script which
I could have a look?

>I've even successfully recreated a database server with mysql and
>postgresql servers running
>and using dump as a backup tool.

 My idea is generate a different backup for databases, using especific
MySQL&co tools. I don't think a backup of a live filesystem containing
database data could be reliable.. what happens if MySQL has some data
in memory (still not flushed to disk)?

 Saludos,
 --Roman

--
PGP Fingerprint:
09BB EFCD 21ED 4E79 25FB  29E1 E47F 8A7D EAD5 6742