Re: Apache clustering w/ load balancing and failover

>Why not using 'roundrobin' ???
>
>Install a couple of Web-Servers, give each Server an IP and
>then setup for each Server a A-Record on your DNS-Server
>pointing to the same hostname.

The problem with round robin is that when one server fails over it keeps sending them connections, I once saw a DNS server implemented in Perl which worked in a round robin fashion but making some kind of test to know if the server was up and running correctly, I remeber it was called something like "lb-named"

Mario.