Re: Root-like filesystem permissions.

On July 31, 2003 10:07 pm, Wade Richards wrote:

> There may be an operating system limit on the number of groups a
> single user can be a member of, but as long as you don't hit that
> limit (if it even exists), you should be OK.

32 groups in Linux.  You could always run an apache instance under a different
user, per 32 groups.  The 32 group limit is a compile time option in the
kernel but I believe other utilities need to be recompiled should you try to
change it ... haven't tried myself.

--
Fraser Campbell <fraser@wehave.net>                 http://www.wehave.net/
Halton Hills, Ontario, Canada                             Debian GNU/Linux