OpenLDAP upgrade 2.1.21 --> 2.1.22

I recently ran an update on my Debian Sarge system that I use for
testing stuff.

Slapd and all the related ldap packages got updated.

Previously, Slapd 2.1.21 was allowing me to use simple binds.

Now, some applications can't use simple binds with the new version of slapd.
ii  slapd          2.1.22-1       OpenLDAP server (slapd)

For example, I get this when I attempt it from Courier IMAP which I use
with Openldap, which was working prior to the update.

Jul 25 11:04:50 annapolislinux authdaemond.ldap: ldap_simple_bind_s
failed: Can't contact LDAP server

Postfix complains to:

Jul 25 08:38:09 annapolislinux postfix/cleanup[1025]: fatal:
load_library_symbols: dlopen failure loading
/usr/lib/postfix/dict_ldap.so: /usr/lib/postfix/dict_ldap.so: undefined
symbol: ldap_url_search_st
Jul 25 08:38:09 annapolislinux postfix/qmgr[1026]: fatal:
load_library_symbols: dlopen failure loading
/usr/lib/postfix/dict_ldap.so: /usr/lib/postfix/dict_ldap.so: undefined
symbol: ldap_url_search_st

However searches seem to work.

ldapsearch -x cn=*nab -b "dc=annapolislinux,dc=org"
	Displays my info as it should.
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <dc=annapolislinux,dc=org> with scope sub
# filter: cn=*nab
# requesting: ALL
#

# tjk, people, annapolislinux.org
dn: uid=tjk,ou=people,dc=annapolislinux,dc=org
cn: Theodore Knab
uid: tjk
uidNumber: 1000
gidNumber: 1001
mail: tjk@annapolislinux.org
mailAlternateAddress: tjk@annapolislinux.org

Thus, I am starting to think that the update may have broke bind 2 compatibility.

Has anyone else had problems with the upgrade ?

Open LDAP 2.1x uses LDAPv3 by default. However it should work with
version 2 if specified in the slapd.conf.

from slapd.conf

# Global Directives:
allow bind_v2

--