and I need something like this:

From: Mail Delivery System <MAILER_DAEMON@host.domain>

Just a quick guess out of the blue: Do you miss the file /etc/mailname ?

It is OK, contains hostname.domain.

sendmail.cf looks ok, masqurade is activated:
# who I masquerade as (null for no masquerading) (see also $=M)
DM$m
# my name for error messages
DnMAILER-DAEMON

I have the same problem on all my Debian servers, but on a Solaris box From: field does have a host.domain part! I don't see any relevant difference in sendmail configuration...

Is there anybody who understands where the problem is?

Thank's,
Aco Dmitrovic