Vacation ---- auto-reply

The vacation program which I use on our Campus Email server
does not do this. To bad more don't use it.

>From the 'vacation' man page:

No message will be sent unless login (or an alias supplied using
the -a option) is part of either the ``To:'' or ``Cc:'' headers of
the mail.  No messages from
``???-REQUEST'', ``Postmaster'', ``UUCP'', ``MAILER'', or
``MAILER-DAEMON'' will be replied to (where these strings are
case insensitive) nor is a notification sent if
a ``Precedence: bulk'', ``Precedence: list'' or
headers.  The people who have sent you messages are
maintained as a
db(3) database in the file .vacation.db in your home
directory.

I have the vacation program working for our Campus Mailserver.

--
*Theodore Knab