Re: BIND 8 or 9 version ?

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 11:53:53PM +0200,
 j@aufbix.org <j@aufbix.org> wrote
 a message of 25 lines which said:

> (powerdns is fastest authoritive dns server around

You must be kidding, on every benchmark we performed, PowerDNS is much
slower than BIND (even PowerDNS with its BIND backend, without the
DBMS) and both PowerDNS and BIND are completely left behind by nsd.

> ....there is another dns auth serevr project that ripe started, but
> i can't remember the name....

That's nsd and it is no longer a project. I highly recommend it (the
package appeared after woody's release, so you need to run sarge or to
backport).