Re: Traffic Accounting

Hello Russian Secret Service Agent...

Am 23:35 2003-07-19 +0300 hat kgb geschrieben:

>Hello,
>
>Which is best way for traffic accounting i use ipac-ng but i don't like
>it anymore because it make my system under high load.
>
>Thanks in advanced.

I think there is no other choice...

I use ipac on a 100 MBit LAN where I count the traffic of five
11 MBit WaveLAN-Channels... where ipac has two NIC's and is
In-Line between the Main-Router and the Switch where the Lucent
ORINOCO COR-1100 and wireless Bridges are connected...

Each channel has 120 Clients...

I use a AMD Athlon XP 2400+ with 512 MByte of memory and the
load is around 17...

I have for each client (all fixed IP's) two rules (rx/tx) to the
Internet and two rules (rx/tx) to the internal mail-Server.

So I have completly 2400 rules plus som special-rules to count
ftp, http, shttp and mail traffic.

In summary around 2500 rules.

What Do you have ???

Thanks
Michelle

--
Registered Linux-User #280138 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org.
| Michelle's Internet-Service                    Inh.  Michelle Konzack    |