Re: postfix delivery prob

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 at 11:19:11 +0100, Shri Shrikumar wrote:

> I seem to have a problem with postfix not delivering email from machines
> that it cannot reverse and identify. Basically, I get log messages to
> the effect of
>
> postfix/smtpd[10023]: warning: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: hostname hostname.com
> verification failed: Host not found
>
> I think that a few messages might have been lost because of this - any
> ideas on how to get postfix to deliver the messages even if it cant
> identify the host or am I barking up the wrong tree and is the log
> message with regards to something different ?

I'm quite sure that your postfix in fact _delivers_ such messages.
As you can see, these entries are only _warnings_. I've got many similar
ones and mail _is_ delivered.

Unless you give us real proofs (from your log) that some messages are
lost (not even lost, but bounced in the worst case) due to these, I dare
to say that you're wrong :-) .

--
 Tomasz Papszun   SysAdm @ TP S.A. Lodz, Poland  | And it's only
 tomek@lodz.tpsa.pl   http://www.lodz.tpsa.pl/   | ones and zeros.