Re: RWHOIS daemon options

This is definitely something for the NANOG mailing list;

http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/nanog/

Good fortune

Jeff S Wheeler wrote:

Dear debian-isp list,

I've just been asked to setup an rwhois server in order to satisfy ARIN
policy without SWIPing a large number of customer blocks via email. I
have downloaded the daemon available at http://www.rwhois.net however it
leaves much to be desired. The example configurations are lacking, the
config file formats themselves aren't great, data is kept in text files
in a rather obtuse directory structure (by default), and I am wholely
unimpressed with the documentation. I'm a big IRC guy, and none of my
IRC netops pals seem to have much love, or success, with rwhoisd.

Does anyone else on the list run an RWHOIS server, and if so, which one?
An apt-cache search revealed little, as did a freshmeat.net query. If
other on the list are in the same boat I am, perhaps we could put our
heads together and come up with a free-as-in-debian alternative.

--
# Jesse Molina
# Mail = jesse@opendreams.net