Re: Server hacked - next...?

Hello Jason,

Am 21:47 2003-06-29 +0800 hat Jason Lim geschrieben:

>Re-installing from scratch would be a real pain... the server runs on a
>3ware array, and has hundreds of users, all active :-/

I am using a 4 and a 8 Channel 3 Ware too. All with Raid-5.

On my 4-Channel I have three IBM's with 120 GB and 4 Hotswap Racks
(one for reserve).

I have tried to reinstall a Raid 5 Array while removing one of the
3 HD'S and then deactivating this channel permanently.

Then I have installed two new HD's on the two free Hotswap-Racks
and reinstalled a new system. Copied the /home data to it and
rebooted the System put out the infected HD's while the Computer
is in BIOS and the it booted...

It takes arround 50 seconds to start...

Maybe it will help you.

Michelle