-----Original Message-----
From: Jos Elkink [mailto:jelkink@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, 3 July 2003 10:18 PM
To: debian-isp@lists.debian.org

Hi all,

I am trying to set up a mailserver that can handle virtual mail users
for different domains on one IP / server. For this, I am following the
guide on this page:

http://www.tty1.net/virtual_domains_en.html

I am only halfway - did not start with the Exim part yet - and something
is not working. When I test it through telnet, I get:

flizzle:~# telnet localhost imap
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to flizzle.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2002 Double Precision, Inc.  See
COPYING for distribution information.
1 login jelkink@cantr.net ***
* BYE [ALERT] Fatal error: Maildir: Permission denied
Connection closed by foreign host.

*** Of course being my password. Now the problem seems obvious - the
wrong permissions to the Maildir folders. However, when I change those
to complete public access (just to test, I know it's not secure), it
doesn't help. Can this error mean something else? In other words, who
has no permission to what exactly? :)

Any help would be very welcome - also if the suggestion is to have a
completely different setup. What I need is virtual users, webmail, and
pop access. And mySQL seemed the easiest, as I work a lot with mySQL, so
I know how to handle it.

Yours,

Jos Elkink
flizzle.net