Re: PPP-= SERVER and RADIUS

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 05:04:29PM +0200, François Chenais wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking the way to configure a debian box as a PPP-server.
>
> Today, I have to run     `pppd call myscript'  everytime I want
> someone to connect. What is the way to automaticaly rerun pppd to
> accept new connections.

To run it behind mgetty or portslave. These will handle the modem part
for you and spawn pppd when needed.

> Then, is there any way use radius server with pppd ?

Use my RADIUS patch for pppd at http://www.xs4all.nl/~evbergen (supports
PAP, CHAP, MSCHAPv2, accounting and Framed-IP-Address) or use the
built-in RADIUS support in portslave. Last time I checked it only
supported PAP, but this may no longer be true.

Cheers,

Emile.

--
E-Advies - Emile van Bergen           emile@e-advies.nl