Re: Migrating to a Compaq Proliant DL360G3

On Tue, 27 May 2003 22:10, Tomàs Núñez Lirola wrote:
> Anyway... Does anybody have any experience with this machine (or similar)
> and Debian? Is there any website where I can take a look on the
> compatibility of this machine (or similar) and Debian?
>
> Do you recommend me to be stubborn and install Debian anyway?

If the hardware is really bad then a worst-case scanerio is to use a Red Hat
kernel when running Debian.  A kernel is a kernel and with a bit of tweaking
they'll all work.

I've had Debian running on Compaq servers, never had a problem with it.

I suggest sticking with Debian, and also considering other options for server
vendors.  Dell doesn't give any attitude about which distribution to use, and
I think that their servers are probably better than Compaq anyway.