Problem with apache and mod_autoindex

Dear all,

I hope I am in the right list for this kind of question. If not, I apologize...

Got a strange behaviour with Apache 1.3.26 on Debian potato 2.2 rev7. The mod_autoindex generates correctly it's directory listing when the client is with the LAN. From outside, I get a "file does not exist" error inside the apache error.log.

I wonder if the problem lies in the firewall (is mod_autoindex using anything else then port 80 ???) or more logically inside mod_autoindex config or httpd.conf ? A kind of "protection" for directory listing from outside the LAN ?

 Any anwer sincerely welcome !

Caracal - GH