Re: Postfix and SASL

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 06:09:17AM -0000, phil@flamewars.org wrote:

> I suspect that postfix is trying to use the wrong socket, or something like that. I did a
> netstat -ap, and found that saslauthd is indeed listening on /var/run/saslauthd/mux. I'd really
> appreciate any ideas anyone has on this.

Use strace -Ff -p PIDOFSMTPD > out 2>&1

and analyze out after you tried to connect. Your problem comes probably
with the fact that smtpd is chrooted to /var/spool/postfix by default
under debian.

So you need probably to link authdaemon dir to somewhere in the chroot
(or mount -o bind the dir or ...), examining the strace result will give
you the path searched.

I used this debugging method to make it working with pwcheck.

--
Emmanuel Lacour ------------------------------------ Easter-eggs
44-46 rue de l'Ouest  -  75014 Paris   -   France -  Métro Gaité