RE: Network monitor

I'll agree with others that nagios is a very useful tool. It provides a lot
more tools for reporting than some of the other programs I tried. And since
you can set up parent-child relationships between destinations, it wont give
you a bunch of warnings for children unreachable if the parent goes down.

While it is only in unstable, it easily backports to stable. I have .deb's
available via anonymous ftp for anyone who want to try it on stable.  Just
drop me a note and I'll point you to the proper place.

--dwh

---
Dale W Hodge - dwh@neuralmatrix.org
Vice Chairman & Secretary - info@aclug.org