Re: Good qmail tutorial

On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 02:32:09PM -0700, Blake Covarrubias wrote:

[ please don't top post ]

> On Sun, 2003-03-09 at 14:37, Mark Sprong wrote:
> > Blake Covarrubias wrote:
> > > Hi, I'm trying to setup a web and email server for our LUG. I've chosen
> > > qmail for my MTA. I'm having a rough time getting it configured though.
> > > There aren't too many tutorials around online on how to configure qmail,
> > > so I'm pretty much stuck on where to even start. :( Does anyone know of
> > > any good tutorials or HOWTOs that'll help me setup qmail under Debian
> > > Woody? I'm using the qmail-src package from Woody BTW.
> > >

> > http://www.lifewithqmail.org/
>
> Thanks Mark. I should have mentioned that I've already tried this
> tutorial, and my attempts to get email working have failed. :( I'm not
> sure what I've done wrong.

No offense intended, but if you can't get qmail up and running after
reading lifewithqmail.org, you probably ought to be running an MTA
that's easier to configure.  Debian installs exim by default; it's not
too hard to get going.

  Never tell people how to do things.  Tell them WHAT to do and
  they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
          -- Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.