Re: Multiple servers for 1 domain name?

> NFS, while being older,  having issues with locking, etc., still seemed
> to me the best choice, just because of its longevity.  I can work
> around the locking issues(use LDAP directories for distributed info,
> Maildir for mailboxes, etc.)

I personally agree, that Coda is not what we want, but when you look at
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/HighAvailability.html, we need a network fs
with features, that NFS doesn't have.

In your case is still one SPoF, your big raid 5 array with nfs. Every hardware
or software problem on that machine means downtime for all your web servers.

> Now if MySQL would only offer multiple-master replication, we'll be
> set-  :)

;-)

--Jan Vitek