Re: Time servers (ntp) wanted

Hello Adrian,

Am 11:10 2003-01-28 +0100 hat Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder
geschrieben:

>Yo!
>
>In short: If you have a computer with a static IP address, I'd be glad
>if you'd run ntpd and offered it for public use on the time.fortytwo.ch
>DNS round robin. Expected traffic is very low - I hope to get as many
>time servers as I can, so the load will be spread as far as possible.

Curently I habe only a 39 Computer-Local-LAN but with my own ntp-server,
exactly xntp3 which get the time-Information with the DCF-77 receiver...
from Braunschweig/Germany.

>The longer version:
>
>In the comp.protocols.time.ntp newsgroup, it was discussed that some of
>the public time servers (as listed somewhere on ntp.org) are having
>problems with too much traffic.

How many requests ???

I run a 10 yeears old VLB-Board with an Cx486dx40 and 16 Mbyte of
memory running Woody. I update the Computers every 5 Minutes for
testing and there is around no load...

I think, the Timeservers use a little bit bigger machine, but can
handle several 1000th hit a second...

##################  Get the Power of Debian/GNU-Linux