Re: hard- or software-raid?

Hello Tinus,

Am 10:26 2003-01-24 +0100 hat Tinus Nijmeijers geschrieben:

>My question kind'a stands: If the only thing I ask of it is for the data
>to be safe (no speed or "no downtime!" issues) is there any reason to
>use hardware over software raid?

I have used the software RAID-5 and I was not happy with it.

Now I am using a 3Ware Raid-5 Controller with first three
IBM IC32L120AV and now with four drives and it is workig
very fast and the Drives are syced faster then with Software
RAID.

Please Note, that the 3Ware Controllers have there price...

Michelle