Re: Apache / PHP4 config problem (newbee on PHP)

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 05:32:45PM +0100, Gregoire Hostettler wrote:
> Thank you for your response.
>
> I moved the script to its original location (/var/www) but I get a strange
> behavior:

not strange at all.

> - Using IE6, the browser asks me if I want to download the test.php script
> (???)

Sure, because it is the wrong mime type.

> - If I rename the .php script to .html, it displays just the header, nothing
> else, which is correct imho

In other words, it serves it as text/html, which is also incorrect.  (It
doesn't execute the php.)

> - If I try to access test.php via lynx, it just displays the html text.
> There is a tmp html file created, althought
> It seems to me that the php4 engine never starts to generate pages...

You're right, it's not being invoked.

> Any other idea ?

Change this (in srm.conf)
  AddType application/x-httpd-php4 .php